Saturday, January 26, 2013

Liebster Award

I was given the "Liebster Award" from Mixed Nuts  What is the Liebster Award?  Its simply a way to honor and recognize other bloggers. Its generally where bloggers with less than a few hundred followers give a lift to others bloggers like them..


alt text: Abby wearing a panda hat and looking cute

The Rules of the Liebster Award is simple.


The rules for the acceptance are:

1) Visit and thank the blogger who nominated you
2) Acknowledge that blogger on your blog and link back
3) Answer the 10 questions posed by the blogger who nominated you
4 ) Select 3 – 5 bloggers for the award
5) Pose 10 new questions to the new nominees
6) Post the award on your blog

You can find my answers to Mixed Nuts Questions here :  http://visionfora.blogspot.com/2013/01/questions-answers.html

Here are the bloggers I give the award to.

I tried to pick some of my favorite bloggers who haven't already gotten the award before.

Peanut & Phouka's Adventures http://peanutandphouka.wordpress.com/

I love fierce moms.  Phouka is a fierce mom.  I noticed she was given the award from "Thomas Marshall does it all" but didn't post her response yet so I decided it was free to pick her.

My Little Rays of Sunshine http://jennohara-theblindspot.blogspot.com/

A great mommy blogger who is dealing with blindness with one of her chicks.  Oh and she is fierce too.

Without a Classroom http://withoutaclassroom.wordpress.com/

Natalie Shaheen is a wonderful teacher that is helping students across the country every single day. She is director of education at the NFB Jernigan Institute.  I mentioned fierce moms. She is a fierce teacher.

Slate & Stylish http://slateandstylish.blogspot.com/

Did i mention fierce before?  This woman is truly fierce. I will never have the sense of fashion or poise of Deja but a girl can dream right?  I hope with all my heart Abby will look at Deja as a great role model.

  * Honorable Mention  *
Thomas Marshall Does it All http://thomasmarshalldoesitall.blogspot.com/

I love this blog so much but she just got the award.  Check it out and watch Thomas Marshall Do it All

So my questions for the blogs I gave the award to are:

1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What does blind mean to you?
3. What has been a hard experience you (or your child) has faced because of blindness?
4. What is your braille story? 
5. Who is an inspiration in your life?
6. What is your favorite book?
7. How many pairs of shoes do you have?
8. What is your greatest fear?
9. What is something most people don't know about you?
10. Describe your self in one sentence.


3 comments:

Jessica Kovacs said...

How sweet to give us an honorable mention! Thanks so much. I hope you know how much I enjoy reading your blog and following Abby's story.

Anonymous said...

Jan 25th, 13

Dear Duffy Family,

It is so awsome to read about your family and Abby's journey 2 years ago until today. So much is different, but family is always FOREVER!!

So nice to read how your life has gotten better.

Shayla McCartney

jennohara said...

Thank you for the award!!
I'm going to work at a post to accept it, but I really wanted to tell you thank you, and I hope you know that I'm here more than it looks that I am! I just don't comment very often. :)