Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The B word.

Its really hard for me to say that word.  When it comes to Abby it doesn't seem possible.  Right now her eye doctor measured Abby's vision at  worse than 20/500.  Thats more then legally BLIND.  B L I N D.
She is six years old and her highlight of her week is when her new vision teacher visits.  She used to get excited about popcorn day. I never seen a little get so excited about an magnifying  glass or a special clock just for her.
I have to get worried about my very active daughter in physical education class. She got head butted last week and had no idea who hit her.

Sometimes I just want to go back to where we were before.  I would do anything to save her from this. The strange thing is she is handling it a lot better then the rest of us.  I wish it could be me instead of her.  It makes me sad for all the things she is going to not be able to see.  I can't even think about it most of the time with out breaking into what one of my friends call "the ugly cry".

I worry about this but Abby lives it.

No comments: